Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking around for something a little faster, and a manual. . .found this locally, super nice car. . .going to look at it later this week. . .any comments on the Jetta or Jettas in general? (serious comments)

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T
120,000 miles - 5 spd manual
Heated leather seats
Heated mirrors
BBS wheels
New brakes and rotors
Heat and ice cold air
Power sunroof
Runs great!
$6,000 obo

It's red with a ll black leather interior....looks good in the pics....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I figured people would say...it's a nice car IMO. . . and Jetta's are known to keep going too...and I have a buddy with a parts 1.8T Jetta too...woot

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
A friend has a 2007, he likes the dependablity of the car. It does need a special tool for the oil change: he couldnt find it at the auto parts stores and the local lube places didnt have the tool either, end result Dealer only oil changes.

No body kits availablity, so no way to mod the exterior, unless you or someone you know is a fiberglass guru.

He did not check on any performance parts, so no idea there.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I say go for it duffy. vw's are good cars IMAO:bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If your looking for a faster car, a Jetta certainly isn't it. How about like a 240 or a prelude?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we'll if its the same as my current 2.2 I'd be happy, I'm fully bolted right now, and I want a 5 spd, not to mention they last a long time, and its interior is soooo clean and leathery!

·
Registered
441 Posts
hate to say it but the new honda crb crx wouldnt be bad just saw a tv add for it the other day...the gages are digtal lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
120k is alot. . .but not on a VW, and not for 6k with a loaded interior. . .lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
In my experience with Jettas or VW's in general, they've been nothing but trouble. Specifically the 1.8T. I've had a couple of friends that have had alot of problems with them. Not to mention it has 120K on it. Just do what you wanna do man, but this is just my .02.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
thats a step back man... DONT do it. i love jettas but id never get an 01. 01s have the 150 hp motor... if u get an 02-04.5 i believe they have the 180 hp motor... yes u can mod the 150 hp one but dont do it. too many miles on that car and it coulda been flogged all of that time.

vw's are known for electrical issues.. DONT do it. save ur cash man.

idk if u like saabs. but u can get a 9-3 aero turbo from 05 or 06 for that much. buddy in my club picked one up for 6500 i believe with 60k. faster car. euro car. STILL GM (well used to be) and reliable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.