Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a 2002 non supercharged monte carlo ss with 135k for 4500. I want to get a bigger car and looking for something a bit more fun than my base balt. I test drove it and it seemed solid and had no rust. Would it be worth the buy. Would only keep it for 5 years.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Meh, they are alright. If I remember correctly they had either the 3400 or the 3.8 in them, both of which are decent motors, just heavy. It's up to you as to what you want to do.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I test drove it and I liked it. Had the 3800 but 135k on it is whats bothering me. Like i said id keep it a max 5 years.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The 3800 was a good long running motor. My buddy had one in his Grand Prix, 280,000 miles before he sold it.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I'd talk him down a grand though.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Blue book is less than 2500
Kelley Blue Book

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So seems like a good idea then?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
yeah, Tranny problems are more common after 100k,
does it shift smooth?
defintely talk him down!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I know you really want it but I wouldn't do it, they're slow as balls and for the same price or a tad more I know you can find a newer supercharged one. My friend owned a grandprix (Same car really) with that same engine and he got bored of it really quick, sold it, got a GTP S/C and loved it.

I'm just saying, I'd keep an eye out for a GPGTP or a S/C mote

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.