Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i figured maybe some people here might be able to help me out, my dads car is a 2004 Ford Escape 4wd, he has been having a problem lately of the car not shifting into overdrive like normal (it still will just takes coercing), and feeling as if it is being held back like dragging, the rear brakes are still the originals and the car has 70,000 miles and the brake pads look like they still have life left on them, i noticed tonight that the emergency brake light is very slightly dimmed (with the cluster off), maybe you guys could help tell me what this problem could be.... thank you in advance

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
so i figured maybe some people here might be able to help me out, my dads car is a 2004 Ford Escape 4wd, he has been having a problem lately of the car not shifting into overdrive like normal (it still will just takes coercing), and feeling as if it is being held back like dragging, the rear brakes are still the originals and the car has 70,000 miles and the brake pads look like they still have life left on them, i noticed tonight that the emergency brake light is very slightly dimmed (with the cluster off), maybe you guys could help tell me what this problem could be.... thank you in advance
try flushing the transmission
check all the brakes and lines, try even bleeding them, check the fluid
check the light on the panel

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
but in all seriousness, i sort of had that problem with my old cavalier where the brakes were worn down and they ended up sticking, creating a drag. the reason why it's probably not wanting to go into OD is because it feels that there is a drag (sort of the same as if you were going up a hill) replace the brakes and see what happens.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try flushing the transmission
check all the brakes and lines, try even bleeding them, check the fluid
check the light on the panel
the transmission just was flushed with no progress in solving the problem. and thanks camo i will try those tomorrow im thinking we should just change the brakes because i dont understand how they can last 70k when the fronts have already been done twice

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but in all seriousness, i sort of had that problem with my old cavalier where the brakes were worn down and they ended up sticking, creating a drag. the reason why it's probably not wanting to go into OD is because it feels that there is a drag (sort of the same as if you were going up a hill) replace the brakes and see what happens.
haha we think alike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure if the 04 was affected, but my friends 2007 Escape had a recall on the transmission. Not sure what the problem was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.