Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we were working in this truck fixing an alarm and the opener stated this truck has this weird problem that randomly it will activate some sort of lock ...it happens now -_-

It starts but it shakes like there is not enough gas going in...and out the exhaust there is a really strong smell of gass...

Anybody can help figure this out?....

Ask anything I have the truck here ready to start trying to figure it out :/

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Well, what have you checked? Do you have any codes on it? Were there any wires you tapped into for the alarm that seemed a little odd? Need more info to help you on here dude.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't set the alarm but we checked the alarm and all the cables are perfectly fine..even double checked with wire diagrams, we checked all the fuses the owner said he took the truck to the mechanic before for this same problem but the computer threw no codes :S and it fixed itself -_- !!!!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Gotta love intermittent problems. Well, if it is smelling really rich, start with the basics. Check the air filter, plugs, wires, and coil packs. Put some fuel clean in there (sea foam is what I recommend), check the 02 sensor, check the fuel pressure, and fuel pressure regulator, see if the TB is adjusted (try manually opening it if it's not fly by wire setup), and see if the engine smoothes out when you do that.

That's where I'd start for sure.

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Start with the easiest and go to the hardest. If the engine is sounding like it's not getting enough fuel, then it's smelling of gas pretty bad, sounds to me like it's flooding itself out because the engine will shake from a slight misfire if it's dumping too much fuel in the cylinders, or the Spark plugs aren't burning hot enough or they are worn too far down and way out of gap. Always start at the easiest and work to the hardest. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.