Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced thermostat, still blowing cold air out, What are the 2 Fuses I need to check ? I will check the Blend door and rest after that, I changed the thermostat because wasn't any hot air last year the hot air was working and this year it wasn't, So I replaced the thermostat still cold air blowing ... my AC works though..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Hand Finger Circuit component Gas Audio equipment

Replaced thermostat, still blowing cold air out, What are the 2 Fuses I need to check ? I will check the Blend door and rest after that, I changed the thermostat because wasn't any hot air last year the hot air was working and this year it wasn't, So I replaced the thermostat still cold air blowing ... my AC works though..

I tested the Ac to Heat Knob and the blend door actuator moved from one side to the other. The Heat knob is not broken off, As seen in photos, I tested all my vents air goes to all vents when knob is changed. I did the touch and feel on the Heater core hose was hot coming in and warm/hot going out.. My Ac works when i put it on cold and push the ash button.... Not sure what else to check. I checked fuses from the looks of them there all good with a Light up tester. Any Ideas let me know. Maybe my blend door actuator is bad? my thermostat has been bleeded and car runs till fans kick on and topped off,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try back-flushing the heater core. I rig a garden hose and blast it from both directions. Amazing the crud that comes out.
Funny that you said that I found out yesterday the 2nd hose from the heater core is Luke warm while the other is very hot. I think it's my prob, I order some pliers I'm waiting on them to come in and I'm going to try it with lime away I got from Scotty off YouTube. Do you know the 2 fuses that people are saying to check on these Forums

·
Registered
339 Posts
Carefull with additives as aluminum is a funny metal and reacts with things. I added Cascade dish washer soap to my Jeep cooling system and boy did it clean. It cleaned so well the 20 year old aluminum radiator leaked and had to be replaced. I am not sure what fuses you mean.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
A new heater core is only in the $20 range. While a little of a PITA to remove, it’d doesn't require removing the muffler, removing the engine cradle while standing on one hand.
So if the blend doors are working and your Driver’s Information Display says the engine is ~180F, then you will have hot air……IF water is circulating in the heater core…..
There are how to instructions and videos on replacing a Cobalt’s heater core…..check RockAuto for prices

1 - 6 of 6 Posts