Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: This is the new thread. I could no longer edit the old one.

Seeing as I just bought Cobalt SS/TC seats, I have no need for the stock ones. These are NOT the G85 edition Recaro seats. While these are an upgrade over the cloth seats, they are not meant to hold you snug for aggressive cornering.

These are the stock seats, and they were in the car from when it was built in May 2005, to the end of June 2010.

Anyways. Starting off, please post your interest and location in this thread (PM's are not encouraged since I simply do not have the inbox space). I will start PM'ing interested parties by order of interest (By time/date order out of the pool of posts from G5Club, Your Cobalt, and CSS.net). I will make a note that I do not accept personal checks (eChecks on paypal are fine). I perfer paypal. Cash is also fine if someone local buys them and I deliver them.

Price: $325+ Shipping. Not looking to do trades, especially for your stockers. I am not trying to part out either if at all possible.

Shipping note: I perfer to sell these seats to someone in the greater Pittsburgh Area to make this easy (I can just drop them off myself). For freight shipping, I will likely ship them via Greyhound for cost effectiveness. I cannot ship the front seats via UPS/FedEx Ground due to weight limitations. If you have a preferred freight carrier, please make the arrangements.

Airbag sensor note: This seat does NOT come with the passenger weight sensor. You will either need to transfer the one from your stock seat, or somehow rig it to keep the passenger bag enabled. I have no clue how to rig the system.

Noted issues: These seats are in pretty good shape for being as old as they are and through a previous owner that I didn't know the habits of. There are no major tears or cracking in the leather. The only leather damage I could find was on the perforated seat bottom (driver seat) where it appears that the previous owner's jeans likely snagged, which I have filled in with 3M leather repair. These should not catch the eye of your passengers unless they're staring directly at and looking for it. This marring is not deep enough to cause the structural integrity of the leather to be compromised. There is wear on the seatbelt guides just from normal operation of the seatbelts. I will also make a note that the front clip of the passenger cover has come undone, but this is a common issue, so it can be remedied by simply clipping it back in (I left this as is for those who need to install an airbag sensor). The rear seats and headrests are in excellent shape.

What is included?: This is for the entire seat kit. You will get the driver and passenger front seats as well as the rear 60/40 bench and their headrests. I am not willing to part out. You will need the bolts from your OEM seats and the brackets from your OEM rear headrests to install.

Pics: are here. This is a slideshow gallery.

If you have any questions, certainly do ask.

Thank you for looking,
Nighthawk243.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So tempting, they'd look awesome in my car..... The shipping might kill me though....

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Tempted as well (I could even pick them up in Pittsburgh) $325 is a fair price but still a lot of stones with the tight budget that I'm on right now. Love the SS logos though!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
can you get a shipping quote to 75949?
Apparently, I checked Greyhound and neither Lufkin or Nacdoches supports multi-parcel shipping... so I'm going to attempt Fed-Ex or UPS... hopefully non-freight if I can help it. If I ship greyhound, I'd have to make multiple trips for each of the parts.

UPS Ground is telling me 375 (It's tossing on dimensional weight and large package surcharges)

Fed-ex is saying 351.

YRC is for some odd reason saying 670 for LTL...

I'm not sure how exactly LKQ sent seats to me through YRC for less than $200 shipping.

I'm an idiot on shipping anything larger than normal, so if someone could assist, that'd be great. I've been trying for the last two hours to figure out a remotely reasonable quote. I am going to attempt to contact greyhound about that dumb package restriction and if I could somehow bypass it by just running them in the system as 3 separate orders. I'd like to be able to ship it greyhound, it'd make the shipping closer to $165.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I sent an email to greyhound asking for clarification... hopefully they get back to me shortly.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
damn i would buy these straight up if I could get to you. Unfortunately I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very interested in these, I could even pick them up since I live in Connellsville. I will keep you posted, once I get some other things squared away with my car & if i got some cash left over, we will talk :D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Apparently, I checked Greyhound and neither Lufkin or Nacdoches supports multi-parcel shipping... so I'm going to attempt Fed-Ex or UPS... hopefully non-freight if I can help it. If I ship greyhound, I'd have to make multiple trips for each of the parts.

UPS Ground is telling me 375 (It's tossing on dimensional weight and large package surcharges)

Fed-ex is saying 351.

YRC is for some odd reason saying 670 for LTL...

I'm not sure how exactly LKQ sent seats to me through YRC for less than $200 shipping.

I'm an idiot on shipping anything larger than normal, so if someone could assist, that'd be great. I've been trying for the last two hours to figure out a remotely reasonable quote. I am going to attempt to contact greyhound about that dumb package restriction and if I could somehow bypass it by just running them in the system as 3 separate orders. I'd like to be able to ship it greyhound, it'd make the shipping closer to $165.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I sent an email to greyhound asking for clarification... hopefully they get back to me shortly.
yah man for sure keep trying. i for sure want the seats, but wont have the money for another two weeks. so if someone has the money let them have it man

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can ship it to VA Beach's station for about 135.

Pretty interesting though, I used to live in Hampton about 18 years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
alright...so i'd pick them up from greyhound station..specifically the one on laskin road? if so that's great. now my main concern is whether or not these would fit a 06 LS. I've heard both no you can't and yes you cans....i'd really prefer to just bolt these *****es in and clip the back ones in and be done with it. let me know what you think if you have any experience with it. i can buy them next week via paypal. thanks man.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright...so i'd pick them up from greyhound station..specifically the one on laskin road? if so that's great. now my main concern is whether or not these would fit a 06 LS. I've heard both no you can't and yes you cans....i'd really prefer to just bolt these *****es in and clip the back ones in and be done with it. let me know what you think if you have any experience with it. i can buy them next week via paypal. thanks man.
They'll physically fit, but you'll need to transfer your passenger side airbag weight sensor over.

I cannot guarentee that I can hold them until next week if someone else has the cash before then. I've tried holding before and would always become unable establish contact.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.