Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 chevy cobalt it recently stopped shifting out out of second and into third I changed the shifting solenoids but didn't help now I have no idea what the problem could be any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you check fluid levels?

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I checked the fluid levels and also after I changed the solenoids the car is being sluggish to move even when it in reverse

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 05, not everytime I start the car but if I haven't driven in a few hours it'll rev up almost 6000 rpm before it'll shift really hard out of first, sometimes second if I can get it to shift then hard shifts around 4000 rpm into third and fourth Once the engine is warmed up it stops and shifts fine. About to change the shift solenoid tomorrow but dont know what else it could be if that doesn't do the trick..

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Could be the TCM has dirty contacts, pull connector a few times and re-install, you could also do this for the BCM P1 & P2 connectors

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Don't forget to disconnect battery first...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.