Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LS Coupe, 5-sp manual, silver
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked this up as a daily driver to help offset the fuel cost of my '07 Cummins, given diesel is approaching six bucks a gallon. The car has 195k on the clock, but is in surprisingly good shape and was a one owner car, which I am always a fan of. Plus, just wanted a small car with a manual again after many years of not being able to row gears. Have no particular plans at this point, but will likely do some mods. First thing I want to do is replace the shift knob and boot as they are worn. The only real option I've found due to the odd connection so far for a knob is from Sickspeed with their universal kit, any other suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome around the forum. I’m sure in short order, you will learn how to search the forum for details on the Cobalt.
Good luck with your new ride. BTW, your cobalt loves fresh Mobile 1 and the original GM plugs. Chances are good your Cobalt is still running on its OEM plugs. The wasted Spark system you have is designed for those STOCK iridium plugs.

·
Registered
2005 LS Coupe, 5-sp manual, silver
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't went thru all the maintenance records, but the original owner told me plugs were replaced, though I don't know with what...along with quite a bit of other good maintenance. I can tell the front end needs some attention due to hearing some clanks and such.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts