·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that, will the kit I linked to do what it says? How do I keep the dashboard information like the oil life and ave. speed?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You have an 05 right? a radio shouldn't effect those at all.. your DIC buttons are next to the steering wheel on the trim right?

I'm not sure if that will work. seems to cheap to be true. I paid like 100 bucks for my wiring harness

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh cool I didn't want to loose the info. I don't know about that kit either... it seems so convenient though!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
the wiring harness for the cobalts are expensive because they have to have the door chime and dummy dings (trunk ajar etc..) go through the radio. i paid $20 a harness BUT lost the chime and dings. i also can't control the volume with my steering wheel but hey, im not complaining. but yeah..im not sure quite what that item is saying. i'd just go aftermarket. better quality and with some...you can just hide the ipod away in the dash and control it through the cd player.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't control volume on my steering wheel I guess thats how 2005s are. What do you mean hide the ipod? My plan was to get that kit and then get an aftermarket head unit with the aux cable input so I could connect it to an ipod.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
you can get certain h/u that have an ipod control cable. it is kind of like the aux cable BUT...you can put it in the glove compartment and control the ipod through the h/u instead of having to use the ipod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.