Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last month or 2 when I go to leave for work in the morning I'll back out of my driveway and when I put the car into drive I'll hear a clicking noise in the center console and the my car will start shaking (more like convulsing) when I drive and I have to bring it to a gentle stop or else it will violently jolt to a stop, then I have to put it into park turn the car off and restart it (usually 1-3 times) and then it runs fine for the rest of the day
(only once did the restart not work and the check engine light came on, and I waited a few hours til it warmed up turned it right on and took it to the shop)

Details and Other Notes
-Does not do it every morning, and it started when the weather started getting cold in morning
-Sometimes before it shakes the power steering warning will ding and then go away (I did have the power steering recall fixed at the dealer)
-After diagnostic, my mechanic rebooted the inner computer and it didn't happen for about 3 weeks
-Had a tune up (Spark plugs, flushed fuel injector, serviced throttle body) and replaced serpentine belt (also says it will need an inner sway bar and inner bushings)
-Morning after work was done it happened to me again, except instead of right away it was a minute into my drive

Sorry for the million details, but any help will be much appreciated, not a big car guy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.