Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 2.2 Ecotec. Getting P0300 code(random multiple misfires).Runs fine when travelling down the highway. Its when slow moving where it acts up. I replaced Coil pack (NGK) and spark plugs (AC Delco Stock). Odd thing is i repleaced the ICM on top of coil pack and the engine went misfire crazy light flashed and everything. Put the original ICM (Stock part) back in and it runs fine but still stalls occasionally . Any ideas?

·
Registered
523 Posts
2 items
1: get a good NEW ICM
2: do a compression test and report back with the pressures.
If that misfire continues for any time, you can trash / melt your cat.converter

·
Registered
457 Posts
I used to sell auto parts years back. I can tell you that many electronic parts were bad right out of the box, I sold a lot of parts. It wasn’t all the time. But seemed to happen more often within “house brand” or cheaper parts. Not so often with name brand parts.

How many miles are on the car? Just for reference I have a Yukon that a customer just sold us. Had been driven with a misfire, catalytic converters went bad. She ended up selling us the vehicle. But I also suspect fuel injectors were a cause as well on this one. Oil smells like fuel, and even did when the engine was running really well before this started. Like an injector that doesn’t close all the way and just drips fuel when it’s not supposed to. Injectors can cause a multiple misfire condition as well. May cause spark plugs to become fuel fouled and can also cause damage to the catalytic converter. At least something to think about when chasing a problem like yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts