Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , i was wondering how many watts does a 2006 chevrolet cobalt stock system put out? becuase i was thinking about getting a sub
i couldnt find the answer online

thanks

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Just get a line-out converter and tap into the rear speakers - works great.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well this was the deal, two 12 inches dual subs with an amp for 50dollars and i kno who owned it previously,i will provided the watts when i get them maybe u guys can help me figure out if this will work

thanks for the hlep already

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
it'll work. your not powering them with your deck

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i planned on plugging this new system into the aux outlet on the other side of my radio... the system is actually 300-400 watts.... i mean i am a beginner and i want to keep my stock radio, what else do i need besides the subs and the amp to get this thing working properly?

thanks i appreciate the help

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Wait, the stock head unit has RCAs out?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i thought the stock unit had an auxillary outlet which i was going to plug it into , so how would the subs be powered?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think there is a how-to for adding a sub to the sock head unit. I did it no problem. You don't tap into the radio at all, you get the left and right channel feeds from your your rear speaker wires and a line-out converter. The sub is powered with a separate amp that gets power from the battery in the trunk. You need to run the blue wire from the amp to the fuse box by the passenger seat. Check the how-to.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yep - that's how I did mine, using that how-to.

I never ran any wire to the fuse box - we (my dad and I) just installed a breaker on the power wire from the battery.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hooked up my woofer and my amp and put in the ground and the positive on 2 the battery.. but i didnt connect the speakers yet... i turn my car on and the amp doesnt seemed to be powered.... any ideas?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
It probably has a trigger that turns the amp on...

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
No. A lot of amps will only turn on when they sense a signal from the head unit.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What MP81 is saying, is you'll have to tap the rear speakers usings a line out converter in order to see if the amp will turn on. If you've done that and it still doesn't turn on, go back and check your power and ground.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.