Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to this checked through to see if I could find anything about the power steering problem I'm having but here goes......I purchased my cobalt a year and a half ago thought I was getting a good car and would not have to worry about anything on it for quite a while. Recently the power steering will go out and I have to pull over cut it off then recrank and start driving again only just a short distance it would do it again. Has anyone else had this problem I would think chevy would recall from what I've seen in searching this problem on the internet there is alot of cobalt owners especially 2005 and 2006 owner with this issue. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I managed to get a # for gm this morning 1-800-222-1020 please call and complain maybe if enough of us do they will fix this problem so many of us cobalt owners are having.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to the site .sorry to hear about your problem i have an 06 had havent had that problem yet . thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the same problem i crank up and it'll shut off shortly afterward or if i click cruise control on it turns off....but i just make due its not that hard to drive without it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well no it's not hard to drive without the power steering but I've read in other forums about cobalt steering that sometimes it kicks back in and starts working and that would be bad if you were going around a curve it's just senseless that chevrolet would let this be going on and not fix it. If I ever get this car paid for I will never own another chevrolet, unless they man-up and fix the problem not for just me but the other 1,000's of cobalt owners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.