Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought my Cobalt used several months ago and just recently became interested in learning more about options to increase performance. I went and got a muffler welded on, a MagnaFlow, and I have a K&N Replacement filter.

I was hoping to ask any of you with much more experience if it's worth it for me to upgrade to a K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake kit, rather than just staying with my replacement filter. Is there much more of an increase in HP? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm happy to join this forum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I cant help w/ ur questions cuz performance isnt my thing... however, i just want to say WELCOME to YC! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I was reading on the intake thread about how the 2.4 and the 2.2 are interchangeable. Is that true? Specifically, can I put a 2.4L K&N SRI on my 2.2L LS? Would I need a Throttle body at all? Or does it just fit?

·
Registered
547 Posts
So, I was reading on the intake thread about how the 2.4 and the 2.2 are interchangeable. Is that true? Specifically, can I put a 2.4L K&N SRI on my 2.2L LS? Would I need a Throttle body at all? Or does it just fit?
Yes, they are interchangeable. You do not need to change your throttle body. However, you can upgrade to the 2.4l throttle body, but you will need a tune for that. You can also change to the 2.4l intake manifold, but you will not need a tune for that. I have the Injen CAI/SRI intake on my car. It sounds good and it made a difference in performance.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to keep on this topic, but I'm new to this stuff, so I'll have to ask the following:

What difference will a 2.4L intake manifold make? Also, if I do switch the throttle body, what is a tune? And how would I come by it?

I know, I sound ignorant, but I'm learning.

Thanks!

·
Registered
600 Posts
only as lobalt lowering questions

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry to keep on this topic, but I'm new to this stuff, so I'll have to ask the following:

What difference will a 2.4L intake manifold make? Also, if I do switch the throttle body, what is a tune? And how would I come by it?

I know, I sound ignorant, but I'm learning.

Thanks!
The 2.4l throttle body will allow more air flow into the intake manifold. With that you computer is set to allow a certain amount of air flow into the manifold and when you change that the car will not run properly. The tune will allow you to change the settings in the computer so the car runs properly. From what I have heard changing the throttle body and intake manifold will give a good increase in horse power. And 1 tune that is available is the trifecta tune. You can order the tune online. You just give them all of your upgrades that you have done at the time and they will write it for you, send it to you and then you upload it to your car. If I have forgotten something or missed stated something, someone please jump in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks 06BlackLS - that helps! So, is there a good place to get the TB and the 2.4L Intake Manifold?

·
Registered
978 Posts
hey there welcome to yourcobalt.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hey, welcome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.