Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've been dealing with this issues for months now and it's extremely irritating. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

At low speeds my car acts up terribly:

Speedometer jumping

Loss of power during acceleration (Release gas pedal and push back to gain power back)

Transmission shifting into wrong gears, sometimes car will die out

Power steering cutting in and out

Temp guage showing wrong reading

And sometimes even the radio screen messes up

I've tried:

Replacing ECM - Reprogrammed and tried resetting.

Checking MAF sensor

Checking wires

I cant seem to find the issues and the dealership wants to charge over $800 to look for it!

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any help is greatly appreciated
Pretty sure that you have a / some grounds issues.
I had all of these symptoms on my 2007 and fixed them by removing the main ground at the transmission stud (front of car - near the bell housing bolts) and thoroughly cleaning the stud and the terminals with a wire brush and emery tape. I put dielectric grease on the terminals as well but this might be a little overkill. Problems went away immediately. There's a ton of stuff on YT about this issue but the main problem / fix is as above.
Also, there's another ground at the rear of the cylinder head on the driver's side that could contribute to the problem as well.
I'll bet a six-pack of craft beer that attention to these grounds fixes your problems. Good luck.

R. Bruce

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just another quick aside -- a friend told me he fixed his Cobalt that had some similar issues by replacing the gearshift lever lock solenoid -- but he also cleaned the grounds at the same time (as I detailed previously) so I'm sticking with my cleaning the grounds story as being the real fix.
R. Bruce.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@ Maxzoomer:

Heyo Max. Did cleaning the grounds fix (all) your Cobalt problems?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Reg B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts