Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 2006 cobalt ss s/c and i want to add a turbocharger to it as well can someone help me by telling me specific parts and brands thant is needed and wht is involved in doing this

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yep, ZZP has a twin-charge kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
twin charging is stupid.

yank the supercharger, sell it to some fool who wants it, and turbocharge the car.

If you aren't sure with whats involved, buy a kit, I know they sell them.

then, enjoy higher adiabatic efficiency.. which translates to more HP per psi of boost... also, you don't need a FMIC since the stock LSJ intake manifold has the super sweet heat exchanger.

that exchanger should be able to deal with a turbo a lot better than the hEaton.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
What's wrong with Twincharging? If you use a bigger than stock turbo the blower picks up the lag. Plus...it allows you to run a larger turbo since the blower takes up the time down low a turbo car would need to spool. Only REAL drawback to twincharging is the tuning.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
What's wrong with Twincharging? If you use a bigger than stock turbo the blower picks up the lag. Plus...it allows you to run a larger turbo since the blower takes up the time down low a turbo car would need to spool. Only REAL drawback to twincharging is the tuning.
Yep - ZZP certainly has a fast Twincharged car...VERY fast...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.