Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this 2006 Cobalt LT Sedan since Feb. or March of 2006. A few years ago, we started having issues with the fobs not wanting to work properly. Both had worn buttons (which we fixed) and one had loose battery clip. I ended up getting an aftermarket fob because the dealer wanted way more than I was expecting. Had a local locksmith reset the Fobs and other than the car always complaining of the battery needing to be replaced, it worked fine for another couple years. Then we started getting the old "knock, knock, knock, knock" from the blend door actuator. We replaced that and everything was fine for a while. About a year ago we stopped getting the battery notices and started having a weird issue. The fobs would work, but only if they were right next to the windshield above the receiver. Now, as of a week ago they don't work at all, and the plug at the trunk light is only getting 10.2 volts and barely lights up. The fobs are working fine, but the receiver can't detect them. I'm wondering if there's a wire loose or shorted near the RCDLR causing both issues. I've looked for a replacement RCDLR but I'm running into the problem of it being discontinued and no one having stock. My questions are: Is there some sort of antenna that may have come loose when replacing the blend door actuator that I could check? If not, can I replace the 21994227 RCDLR with a 25974373 for the 2007-2010 as long as I use the corresponding fobs (which I think is 15252034) or will I run into issues? I'm not looking for remote start, just want the keyless entry to work again. And what could be causing the low voltage issue with the trunk light? We recently switched to LED headlights which were supposedly CANBUS friendly, but I can't recall if the trunk light worked before then or not. Those seem to be the only issues, the keyless entry and that trunk light and both are vexing me. Sorry for the long post. I'm starting to pull out what little hair I have left.

Edit: 2006 Cobalt LT 2.2L Sedan no Pioneer System, no OnStar. (Vin # 1G1AL55F567702944) if that helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts