Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 06 has had the cooling system flushed, radiator replaced thermostat replaced then the thermostat removed. without thermostat it does not overheat reaches 150 put it back in and overheat warning light hissing and bubbling under the hood, Dealership want to tear down the engine or replace it.What can be looked at that hasn't been replaced? water pump is obviously ok or it would overheat all the time. Any Ideas
Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
What type of thermostat did you put in? It could be bad. I had a cavalier that I was having overheating issues with. Replaced the thermostat and still had issues. Turns out the new thermostat was bad. You could boil the thermostat to see if it works.

Did you flush the cooling system, replace the radiator and change out the thermostat because it was overheating, or did it start after all of the work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those item were done because it was overheating and they nothing to fix it. Would you agree even without a thermostat in if the water were bad it would overheat.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Those item were done because it was overheating and they nothing to fix it. Would you agree even without a thermostat in if the water were bad it would overheat.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

What type of thermostat did you put in? It could be bad. I had a cavalier that I was having overheating issues with. Replaced the thermostat and still had issues. Turns out the new thermostat was bad. You could boil the thermostat to see if it works.

Did you flush the cooling system, replace the radiator and change out the thermostat because it was overheating, or did it start after all of the work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.