Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cobalt keeps coming up with the P0411 code. It also had another code for the air injection sensor.

I replaced the air pump, sensor, and the fuse. It is still showing up with a P0411 code (sensor code has since disappeared). I took it to the dealer to run a diagnostic, and they keep saying it's the air pump, but I've already replaced that.

From time to time, my car seems to shut off if I'm going very slow, hitting the breaks (around 5 mph), and the conditions are just right. Could this have anything to do with it?

I'm sorry, I'm definitely not a mechanic, and I'm just trying to do research before I make my next move. This is already proving to be a costly situation. :thanks

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Also, it might be nice information to know that EVERY TIME I open my car door, the car alarm goes off. If there is a fix for that, PLEASE tell me. The stares are what gets me every time. Ha ha!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Pump was probably good. Your P0411 is the secondary Air check valve. It is probably sticking.

Don't your remotes FOBs work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FOBs

No, they do not. I assume you're referring to both keyless entry as well as the interior lock/unlock buttons.
Thank you for your help! I will try that on Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
How is the alarm set if the fob and door locks don't work? The alarm should only set when locked with the fob, not the door lock button.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
But it won't disarm without the FOB, I don't think!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alarm

I'm not sure why it keeps doing that. The doors will be unlocked, but every time the door is opened it goes off. It just started doing that one day.

Since I've owned the car, the remote FOB have never worked, and when this problem began the interior electronic lock/unlock keys no longer work. Sometimes (rarely) I will be driving and the car will lock and unlock itself.

I've always had a mess of car problems.

Also, if cleaning out the pipes does not work, what will my next steps be? Again, I apologize for the naivety, but I'm trying to learn. The mechanic I usually take it to said that Chevys are really bad about check engine lights. He recommended getting the computer reset, but that doesn't seem right to me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.