Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 07 manual Chevy Cobalt that has the been the victim of ravaging rats for a number of years. I was literally called a total by my
insurance company 2 years ago. The damage they do is staggering. They come from a neighbors field and pond literally feet from where I have
to park my car. Each time i have spent weeks trying to locate parts and wiring harness to fix it.

This time, the have done something causing the radio, interior fan, a/c (all interior controls on the center console) to not work.
They light up, but nothing else. Radio no sound, fan no anything, but I do hear the motor click on.
I have found several wires so far and repaired best that can. They were to a front signal light and light assembly, mass air sensor, and fuel injector number 4.

Im not sure where to look to fix the interior issues. I am an older widow and have been forced to learn how to solder, use connectors
and use heat shrink.
I have tested all the fuses and all are good. I'm hoping not to have to pull the dash out.

Any direction of where I should look next would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any guidance to solve your problem but I did want to say that I am sorry about your pest problem. That has to be really frustrating to come out and not know if you car will work or if you had more visitors. Plus all the time digging around looking for a problem that could be buried really deep in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It’s time to order a shop manual /CD with all of the wiring diagrams. No other way around it without turning the problem to someone else to solve the problems for you…..and expect to pay well for it..if you search the forum here, there are many of the diagrams you could use…but you will need to do the digging. One way would be to lookup alldatadyi for say $20 for a 1 month use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts