Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hi! Just purchased a Gold 2007 Cobalt LS (5752$ + tax) with only 23375Kms (14537miles). The car is like new. Changed oil, cabin air filter and air filter for K&N. Changed headlamp bulbs for better ones (9007 JP Thunder) so they can see where they are going at night. They said the only thing missing was cruise control so I purchased an aftermarket one today (Rostra 250-1775). Also I don't think the speakers will last very long because I can hear them coming from a mile away.
Here are pictures of the jewel. In pictures you can see cruise control mounted on steering wheel. I rolled a bit of black paint on embossed remote trunk indicator so the girls would find button. Also bought retractable AUX cable for their itouch.

My girls new ride pictures by Coby007 - Photobucket

Okay, Installed cruise, that was easy and took about 20 minutes and most of it was spent reading the poor instructions (210$ total).

Rostra 250-1775 pictures by Coby007 - Photobucket

Pictures are numbered in lower righthand corner .

1 Disconnect both battery terminals. (Found battery in trunk with spare tire) 10mm socket needed.
2 Remove fuse box kick panel held in with 3 snaps, so just pull straight towards you.
3 Remove cup holder by prying from the front.
4 I removed frame around fuse box (3 screws) for better access but you don't need to (7mm heads on screws).
5 Installed ground wire tab under 10mm nut on lower left of fuse box.
6 Push 2 little blue tab to remove BCM plug cover so you can insert gray wire female pin in position 61 next to white/black wire(62).Picture slightly out of focus sorry.
7 Clamp ''T'' connectors onto the 2 pink wires coming out of slot 7 of big red main connector and insert light blue and red wires.
8 Tie wrap wires
9 Install transmitter just by lightly pulling on steering wheel cover.
10 Drove it in to get activated by dealer 30$ + tax. It works great.
11 Receiver installation which I stuck inside console with double sided tape after testing voltages on pins.

Hope this helps somebody! The girls have no excuse for speeding now!

Got a trunk wing from a donor car yesterday just need to paint it and drill 4 holes in the right spot on the trunk. ''Measure 4 times drill once''
I will post new pictures after wing is on. Also bought a bug deflector and rear mud flaps which I might also paint to match the Car.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it really looks aftermarket don't it. I will try and get a doner car switch assembly and try to see if I can modify that wart attached to the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Yea, the dealer first put the upgraded wheel on my car and called me and said it was done. I got in and was all excited, got on the hwy to try it and nothing. So when I took it back it came back with the base wheel and that on it. I got used to it after a couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not pretty but it works! LOL

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
nice congrats on your purchase! your girls are real lucky, I had to buy my first car, then had to buy my cobalt 2 years later. Looks like a good job on the cruise control. Doesn't look TOO bad, at least it works!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Know what my girls can't tell the difference, so as long as the sound system works and they're happy so am I. It gives me more time for myself.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Older couple, they went to church and did groceries and car was kept in garage. He bought a new Cruze. I already put my name on that one too in 5 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, painted mud flaps and added them to the car today. Some will like it some will hate it but it will keep the mud off the back lower bumper.

Add-ons :: 100_1798.jpg picture by Coby007 - Photobucket

I will take a picture of the whole rear when it is daylight tomorrow and post in this same album.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
doesn't look half bad. I keep the mudflaps off though, my cobalt don't play in mud :p plus if any dirt or wtv from highway gets on lower rear bumper I just wash it off soon enough.

·
Registered
611 Posts
to use the leather wheel you have to have the dealer reflash the ecu to tell it the car has cruise.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Keep in mind, mine is not an SS but COMUTER car. Winter is coming faster than we hope. Not only for mud and doubt my girls will wash the car at -20.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Lol I doubt it too :p Would be interesting to see tho...

Welcome to yourcobalt!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This forum is pretty cool.... I'm thinking of upgrading my membership so I can make better use of the information flowing to and from.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
The mud flaps actually don't look half bad. And if your girls are like most they won't hardly ever wash their car lol so that is a wise investment.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mud flaps

Only problem now they don't match the ugly front ones. So when I get some loose cash, after the winter tire install, I will try to paint a set for the front. Present front ones are part of the inner fender so I will have to cut those off to install new ones.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Found some time today and painted front bug deflector and rear donor spoiler.
I will try to install them tomorrow if it's nice at least bug deflector. Heres a picture of what they look like painted.

Add-ons :: bugwing.jpg picture by Coby007 - Photobucket

I will post pictures after install

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.