Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car has a strong gas odor after it has been parked and i see that there was a recall for the fuel pump module because the plastic lines were cracking. is that recall still open? Bulletin # 09226. car has less than 100,000 miles.

thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
don't know about that but you should check driver side rear wheel inside look on the ground for some gas if not look up behind the wheel where the gas line is they always rust there if the steel line is wet and leeking needs to be repaired or replaced

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
It usually only drips when the car is running but will still be wet when it's off

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't know about that but you should check driver side rear wheel inside look on the ground for some gas if not look up behind the wheel where the gas line is they always rust there if the steel line is wet and leeking needs to be repaired or replaced

It usually only drips when the car is running but will still be wet when it's off
gave that a try and removed the wrap and clamps for inspection. found no fuel weeping or leaking the complete length of the fuel and return line.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You're lucky must live in the south no rust I have an 06 220k 09 170k had to repair both gas lines never had an issue with the pump or anything related to that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts