Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I took my battery ground off to clean it off and put it back on and forgot to snug it up. I went to go start it this morning and it clicked and shut everything off. I went back and tightened up the ground and now it the accessories turn on. When I turn the key like I'm trying to start it, it does nothing and the fuel pump doesn't even kick on. I checked the fuses, they're good. It's acting like it's not getting power on the engine side of things. It won't even start if I hook a jump box up to it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
What fuse, fuses did you check? Where did you connect the jump box, at the battery or in the engine compartment?

It’s possible you need to remove the battery connection and clean or reclean it and cinch it back down. Then retry. If you have a volt meter, you may wish to check the battery voltage first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What fuse, fuses did you check? Where did you connect the jump box, at the battery or in the engine compartment?

It’s possible you need to remove the battery connection and clean or reclean it and cinch it back down. Then retry. If you have a volt meter, you may wish to check the battery voltage first.
I checked the fuses in the engine bay and the ones in the "hidden fuse box", all of them, even if they didn't relate to the ignition. Got a new battery today, sanded the battery connectors and put them back on and it still does nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts