Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cobalt LS manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Cobalt coupe Manual transmission

I was driving my car the other day and it shut off on the highway. It wouldn't crank, said low fuel, and power steering on the dash. My radiator shroud was not attached and after moving it around my car started again. I turned off the car and reattached the fan and my car would not start. I found that the G105 ground had broken completely off like many Cobalts. When I reattached the ground my car will now crank but not start. I have checked the fuses and swapped relays to make sure they were all good as well as making sure I have fuel pressure.
I only have 2 wires going to the G105 ground under the oil filter and not 5 wires like I have seen in many videos.
I suspect that the fan and shroud weren't attached because I had my timing chain and water pump replaced around 4000 miles ago.

·
Registered
2007 Cobalt LS manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started testing wires going to the PCM. The fuel pump relay stated to click every time I moved the wire bundle going to the 73 pin connection at the PCM.
I later pushed my car to a different area and every light started flashing on and off when the key was in the run position. It was acting like the battery kept disconnecting and connecting. After sitting for a while that problem stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts