Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Marty Meyers and I'm not happy about my 2007 Cobalt. My son drove it through less than 12" of standing water and $800 later it's been repaired. Apparently the intake is low on this car and it sucked up water into the engine hydraulicing it. I'm NOT HAPPY. Please learn from my mistake.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Well...welcome (from '09)

It's sounds funny. Even with the intake being low to the ground, he would have had to drive thru a huge puddle for a long time to suck up that much water. Or gunning the engine to suck it up that fast.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
A foot of water is too high to drive through ever. Any car without a snorkle will suck in water at that depth.

Plus anyways, it doesn't even take that much water to carry a car. General rule is if you cannot see the road, it is impassable.

·
Registered
713 Posts
insert facepalm picture here
Best ive got....

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

welcome to the forum, even if youre only here due to a rather unfortunate incident. These guys are extremely helpful and knowledgeable so you and/or your son should def take advantage!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My name is Marty Meyers and I'm not happy about my 2007 Cobalt. My son drove it through less than 12" of standing water and $800 later it's been repaired. Apparently the intake is low on this car and it sucked up water into the engine hydraulicing it. I'm NOT HAPPY. Please learn from my mistake.
Welcome to YC.com. Note to self...Cobalt is not a boat...LoL!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
sounds like a troll.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Sounds like you should not be happy with your kid for doing that to your car.
Sorry but I got to agree with my boy Beamer here. Driving through water that high is def. Not a good idea...any engine will lock up if water gets in. You're lucky it was only $800. At least you and your son learned a good lesson and passed it on. Welcome to the forum BTW

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome, and sorry to hear that

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I would have taken that idiot and made him flip hamburgers at McDonalds till I got my $800 back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.