Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just swapped this 2.2l from a 2007 pontiac G5, and put it in a 2006 Chevrolet cobalt Lt, I had to use the engine wiring harness from the G5 in order to get my camshaft sensor to hook up, now the one 11pin connector harness will not hook up the 2006 cobalts body harness. As its now a 4 pin... do I need the rest of the harness out of the g5 in order to make this work? It's seems like unpinning is highly unlikely as there is 14 wires on the G5 harness and only 6 on the Chevrolet cobalt... any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. 馃檪

Registered
Don鈥檛 get shocked but you will also need the ECM out of the 07. Your original 06 ECU will not drive the 07 L61 engine. Your 06 is a 16 bit system and the 07 is setup for the 32 bit ECM. Complete with individual coils and a cam position sensor while the crank position sensor in the 07 is set up for a different crank shaft reluctor ring that has quite a few more teeth than on the 06 2.2L engine.

Registered
There are a different number of teeth on the reluctor ring pressed on the crank shaft ( crank position sensor)

the other is the ECU s ECM
A 16bit used for the 2005-2006 Cobalt vs 32bit and faster clock speed used for the 2007-on (one cam position sensor or 2 cam position sensors and 2 cam phasers)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts