Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When going between 30-45ish the cars RPMs will fluctuate and bounce up and down . Note i am driving a constant speed. Rpms go crazy jump all over causing the car to buck and jerk forward uncontrollably.

I have sent it to a shop they noticed the issue but didnt know how to go about resolving it.It doesnt always happen immediately . when you drive it more it gets potentially worse hesitating as if almost it wants to stall.

Here are some things I have done. I have replaced my intake with a cold air intake, cleaned the injectors,cleaned the maf, cleaned the throttle body, i have new camshaft solenoids, new iridium spark plugs.

I just sent it out for service these past couple weeks... Mechanics notice but dont know how to pursue fixing it so they just release my car back to me.

What do i do? where do I go? Help. please.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Looks like your losing transmission oil pressure and torque converter is switching on and off. Check transmission fluid levels, if there are OK add some Lucas "Transmission fix" or any other company that makes a similar product. If levels are low check for leaks, usually at cooling line fittings. Add Lucas transmission fix won't hurt, then check levels again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.