Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread was around before everything "reset". Felt like bringing it back though.:cool: Been checking www.allpar.com for information and looks like they are auctioning off #0001 this Saturday at the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction. They already sold #0002 in a dealer only auction for about $178,XXX, and #0003 will be next month on eBay to the general public.

I'm going to the Chicago Auto Show next month to check out the production version! Anyone else in the midwest that is going to this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not wanting to see the Challenger, though it is a nice car, there will probably be a better aftermarket for it since Mopar does a good job with that.

Instead I'm heading to St Louis to see the Camaro. I checked the Chicago Auto Show website and no mention of the Camaro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the Camaro as well the last two years in Chicago, two years ago it was the coupe and last year the convertible. Both also very sweet IMO. However, I think that the new Challenger is the one that I want.:cool:

For me it'll be a 2009 R/T with 6-Speed!:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want a supercharged Camaro, it probably won't happen. However, if you have $100,000 laying around, you can pick up an XLR-V or ZR1 Vette.......... both have superchargers. Everything else, like next-gen Cobalt SS and Solstice GXP are turbocharged.

To me, nothing sounds, performs, and "feels" better then all V8 muscle!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I disagree with sound and "feel", agree with performance......... I know I drive a Cobalt LT, but I've driven countless vehicles with V8's and V10's(Viper and SRT-10 Ram). There is no comparison IMO to when your in an SS Camaro, new GTO, or Corvette and open up the throttle then get thrown back in your seat. I've driven SS/SC Cobalts as well as turbocharged cars like the Pontiac Solstice GXP and SRT-4 Neon and I don't get the same feeling.

Not that I'm getting a bad feeling, just not the same.:)

R

·
0 Posts
I can't beleive that people are paying that much! :confused: lol

They are pretty sweet, but not worth six figures!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I agree. However, it was a dealership that won in the auction, probably with a wealthy owner who wanted some kind of bragging rights. I doubt with purchasing that unit that they expect to get more then that out of it.

Our dealership sold our first one, and we're selling it for sticker price. Not sure when we'll be able to order it though?

R

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than sticker, but I'm not rich and I don't have a small dick so I don't need bragging rights! lol

My car pulls pretty good. To bad the clutch can't handle it! lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't pay more than sticker, but I'm not rich and I don't have a small dick so I don't need bragging rights! lol

My car pulls pretty good. To bad the clutch can't handle it! lol
Agreed, unfortuneatly the same thing will more then likely happen when the new Camaro first comes out too.:mad: It'll be like the when the Solstice first came out, dealers were charging over sticker price for a vehicle, that currently even right now, there are many 2007's on lots still.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's probably going to be another GT500 fiasco. People are going to have attend an auction to get the darn thing...lol. My sister said they had one on their lot for months because no one wanted to pay for it...then they were forced to auction it off befor the value went down..lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they auctioned off #0001 last night for $400,000, and just like the ZR1 that they auctioned off, the proceeds went to charity. Sounded like a pretty sweet package the winner got including picking up the car at the dealer of his choice, VIP tickets to the Challenger 500 race, and a meeting with Kyle Petty at the race.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've seen the Camaro as well the last two years in Chicago, two years ago it was the coupe and last year the convertible. Both also very sweet IMO. However, I think that the new Challenger is the one that I want.:cool:

For me it'll be a 2009 R/T with 6-Speed!:D
Bad luck for you there friend. According to MotorTrend's latest release on its performance numbers, the Challenger will not have an option for a 6-speed upon its release, only a 5-Auto. And with a 60' time of 4.9 (and thats on the SRT8) and a curb weight of 4150lbs, I wouldnt expect the car to blow you away like your hoping.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bad luck for you there friend. According to MotorTrend's latest release on its performance numbers, the Challenger will not have an option for a 6-speed upon its release, only a 5-Auto. And with a 60' time of 4.9 (and thats on the SRT8) and a curb weight of 4150lbs, I wouldnt expect the car to blow you away like your hoping.
2009 R/Ts will have a manual available... 2008 SRT's will only have an automatic.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Who cares....... That is not the point of a muscle car don't be a tard
lol, who cares about money? most people actually lmao. No point in getting a car if you cant afford to drive it. im not saying dont buy the car, all im saying is its gonna be ass expensive to drive. as a daily that car is going to suck

·
Registered
34 Posts
lol, who cares about money? most people actually lmao. No point in getting a car if you cant afford to drive it. im not saying dont buy the car, all im saying is its gonna be ass expensive to drive. as a daily that car is going to suck

Most people who buy one in my region would not even think of letting it touch wisconsin road salt in the winter... Besides 17/24 on a R/T is not as horrible as your making it out to be. A gm car with a 3.6 gets almost the same. A V8 mustang gets about the same and people have been driving them as a DD for over 40 years

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.