Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a black 2008 cobalt LT coupe, but it also says its "special edition." What exactly does that mean? It also has these cool looking black rims that supposedly have came from the factory as well as a different looking wing from non special editions. The interior is also entirely black with some gray trim here and there. Whats the deal with this special edition?

·
Registered
457 Posts
They sell the special edition stick on emblems at Wal-Mart, Autozone, and various other places. It may be that. Or from what I’ve also read according to other members, it sounds like a dealer installed appearance package. Basically stick on strips or decals. Some nicer than standard wheels. But basically just an LT with dealer installed appearance package.

Does yours have leather steering wheel and shift knob? My LT has a spoiler, and the leather wheel and knob. Has the deluxe steering wheel control buttons for the stereo and cruise control. It is supposed to be optioned for 16” wheels, but instead has the standard 15” aluminum wheels unfortunately. Never figured out why it’d be optioned for 16s and have 15s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine doesn't have any leather whatsoever, and the steering wheel and shifter are plastic. Also ignore the mess, this is currently my relatives car, soon I'll but it from them and clean it all up, and add to it. That is, if I cant find a blue cobalt lt coupe in my area for sale. Im also pretty sure this has the 2.4 liter even though I think 2008 LTs are supposed too have 2.2 liter.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
I’ve seen those type of wheels over the years. Not sure what they are from the pics. I remember them being sold at Sears, Pepboy’s, and Discount Tire. Maybe something like Konig, Enkei, or MB Wheels. In any event, not something that came from a dealership.

It appears it’s just a base LT. Depending on the mileage and overall condition, probably try not to pay more than $2500. I paid $300 for my ‘06 LT sedan because the guy didn’t know that a few hundred dollars would have turned the car into something that could have sold for $1500. It’s been a great car for what I’ve paid and put into it. With working ac to boot.

·
Say What again!
6,250 Posts
So the Special Edition was indeed an option, known as the Revolution Edition and was $995.

It included:

Special Edition Badge
16" Machine-Faced Aluminum Wheels
Stainless-Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tip
Body-Color Rear Decklid Spoiler

The wheels that are on there are not the factory ones, though, as mentioned above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know. its under 140000k miles I think, the interior definitely needs a clean up, but the engine, brakes, and transmission are perfect. The paint has some scratches as you can see, especially on the bumper. 2500 is about 1000 less than I thought it was worth, as cobalt LTs near me go for like 3k to 4k, especially ones with above 150k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the Special Edition was indeed an option, known as the Revolution Edition and was $995.

It included:

Special Edition Badge
16" Machine-Faced Aluminum Wheels
Stainless-Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tip
Body-Color Rear Decklid Spoiler

The wheels that are on there are not the factory ones, though, as mentioned above.
When you say the wheels aren't factory, do you mean the wheels themselves or those black rims?

·
Say What again!
6,250 Posts
When you say the wheels aren't factory, do you mean the wheels themselves or those black rims?
The wheels on the car currently - those black rims, those are aftermarket.

It would have come with these, originally:

Reactions: RickRick

·
Registered
523 Posts
A good look in the trunk under the carpet on driver’s side inner wheel well Area is a peel & stick options tag. Image that and post and the kind folks here will tell you all of the exact features your car was built with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts