Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2008 Chevy CobaltI took the throttle body off of it. Cleaned it put it back on without disconnecting the battery. Now it's stuck in power reduced mode and tells me p0223 I put a new throttle pedal position sensor on it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Search the archives here for “throttle relearn procedure “. You may wish to test your throttle body to verify you didn’t damage it when you cleaned it. So search on how to test a throttle body

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have heard of this happening after manually moving the throttle plate. And most of the time done while cleaning it. I chose to use our Matco scanner to operate the throttle to the open position while I cleaned mine.

I always do this because I hear of things happing when manually pushing open an electronic throttle body. But my boss, being old school, does not use the scanner that only take a couple extra minutes to set up. Anyways, I have had to do some recalibration in the past due to the jumping of the gun to just clean the tb quickly by him. I suppose if he breaks it, he’s gonna pay for it, not me. So I shouldn’t worry. Anyway it annoys me. And is why I’m usually in charge of anything like that.

You may just need to have someone with a scanner operate the tb and see if it can kind of be reset. Not sure if that’ll work, but is what I’d try before purchasing any parts. Not sure you’ll know anyone with a high end scanner but hopefully so. The “scanners” like the auto parts store uses to pull codes for free are just code reader and don’t have the capability that a high end scanner does.

What I mean by reset is to operate the throttle body with the scanner. Opening it fully and then closing it fully. It’s usually goes in increments of 10%. I do recall doing this in the past and having success.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts