Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 cobalt and the blower motor will no longer work. It's been touchy lately cutting in and out, usually I just have to reach over and move the wires a bit and it would come back on. It recently quit working all together for nearly 2 months then out of no where it randomly started working again, that however was quite brief only lasting a couple weeks. Now it's pooped itself again.
Also Over the last few months I've been getting a significant amount of water dripping from the passenger side onto the floor from somewhere behind the glovebox. It continues to drip quite alot even without heat or ac on. The Floor on the passenger side is constantly soaked. I've had to use a wet vac more than once to remove the amounts of water that would accumulate over the course of 5 or so days.

Any advice would be appreciated. Single mother of 2 so I can't really afford to take it to the shop unless it's a major issue. I've fixed all minor issues and preformed basic maintenance on my own thus far so my fingers are crossed lol.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I see 3 different items.
1: your heater ground & power connector. Search the threads here.
The connector is known to get overheaded & melt due to poor joints at the connector and
2: your heater ground which Is located near the top edge of the glovebox.
3: blocked AC drain hose and/or blocked drain in the windshield wiper valley.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts