Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all have a 2008 cobalt and I keep having issues with my driver side low beam, I have searched around on these forums but they don't really have a solution so hoping I can get some help! The older posts had pictures but since they are so old they don't load so maybe I might be missing the answer? So the problem is my low beam doesn't work but the high beams do with no issues, I have tried new bulbs with no success and most of the time once I pull the bulbs out the low beam is actually blown? but not always.. anyone have any insight on anything I can try to look for? I've messed with the wiring a little and checked connections but nothing seemed to make it work, Thanks in advance!

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
@Coby7, how does the wiring for the headlights look on the Cobalts? On my Cavalier, I had the low beams go out, separately (one went out, then the second died shortly after I fixed the first), but the high beams still worked. The Cavalier had separate bulbs, but it ended up being the ground wire to the low beam that was no longer good.

Since the Cobalt runs a single bulb, I'm wondering if something similar is possible, albeit in the one harness.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Each filament is separately fused with a ground on the right and one on the left. DRLs are also separately fused on low beam filament.

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Each filament is separately fused with a ground on the right and one on the left. DRLs are also separately fused on low beam filament.
So it's quite possible the low beam's ground on the left side is broken and just needs to be re-grounded. What color wire is the low-beam ground on the left side?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
High beam would be dead too, they share the same ground.

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Ah, misunderstood, so then it's not the power or ground wiring..and if it were the switch, the right side would have the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.