Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re is the best place to get a bolt on header with full exhaust we’re it all bolts on help we’re to order it from

·
Say What again!
6,254 Posts
I'd say if you want it all from the same place, check out ZZP.

I have their mid-length header and (catted) downpipe (have had it for probably a decade now), mated up to an SS/TC OEM exhaust.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I’m sure it would make more of a difference on the 07-10 models. But I wonder how my ‘06 would respond to a mid length header and 2.25” exhaust. Remember, nobody seems to tune the 05-06 2.2 cars though.

I had a long tube header on my old Accord. It made all the difference on the upper rpm range. Very noticeable. Kind of sucked below 3500 rpm though. I know it was a totally different car, and I had a carburetor setup on it. And machined cylinder head. Also was able to adjust the timing so I could properly run 93 octane.

Anyways I will be having to replace the manifold at some point since it’s cracked after it runs for about a minute the crack closes and makes no noise. But that’s only going to last for so long. Would be cool to have the header and high flow cat. Not sure if I want to go back to the days of a loud exhaust, I can take a nice growl. Just not the ricer buzziness. I notice the header doesn’t come with a heat shield. So I would probably try to add mounting points to adapt the original shield or make one.

·
Say What again!
6,254 Posts
For yours, you could probably go for the shorty header and the 2.5" catted downpipe, along with (if you can find it) the GMPP touring catback. The GMPP Touring was always a favorite for sound.

For the header, personally, I'd say ceramic coat it over the heat shield. Costs a lot more (it was $90 for my mid-length header, but that was also about 10 years ago), but my god does that do wonders to lower underhood temps.

Obviously you'd need a tune to take full advantage of the extra flow, but being an "older" car - and an NA one - it should certainly make more power. Newer cars want to make a set amount of power, so by modding them without a tune, they...still make that amount of power. These still respond to mods on their own.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ah. I had ordered the header on my Accord ceramic coated. I’m not so sure it’s as good as what’s available today though. There’s a place locally that does ceramic coating. Also does wheels as well. The Accord’s header was a neat looking powder blue color. I’ve never seen any others like it. And can’t find them for sale like that anymore. I might also check out the ZZP stuff. I liked what I’ve seen of their stuff on other cars.

·
Say What again!
6,254 Posts
Yep, I have a local place as well that does really good work - they also did the ceramic coating on my Camaro's longtubes. Either of the vehicles, you can basically grab the header around 20 minutes after turning the engine off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts