Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a grease gun with an injector needle and have been making small puncture holes in tie-rod end boots, ball joint boots, and injecting grease. I don't believe in lifetime sealed, greased bearings and any other suspension part. With wheel bearings on the Cobalt, they are unquestionably intended NOT to be taken apart and to be replaced as an assembly if they go bad. However, I found a posting on the Internet by a fellow who managed to get off the wheel bearing assembly on a Cobalt and since it was designed for an ABS Brake System, there was some type of hole on top of the wheel bearing assembly and he shot grease like all hell into that hole on top and swears that did the job. On a non-ABS Cobalt, not clear that the wheel bearing assembly will have any such hole on top of the assembly so can someone tell me if there is anyway to shoot grease into the wheel bearing assemblies or if the only option is to remove and replace the assemblies when they go? Appreciate your thoughtful responses. Thank you, Reuben

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a grease gun with an injector needle and have been making small puncture holes in tie-rod end boots, ball joint boots, and injecting grease. I don't believe in lifetime sealed, greased bearings and any other suspension part. With wheel bearings on the Cobalt, they are unquestionably intended NOT to be taken apart and to be replaced as an assembly if they go bad. However, I found a posting on the Internet by a fellow who managed to get off the wheel bearing assembly on a Cobalt and since it was designed for an ABS Brake System, there was some type of hole on top of the wheel bearing assembly and he shot grease like all hell into that hole on top and swears that did the job. On a non-ABS Cobalt, not clear that the wheel bearing assembly will have any such hole on top of the assembly so can someone tell me if there is anyway to shoot grease into the wheel bearing assemblies or if the only option is to remove and replace the assemblies when they go? Appreciate your thoughtful responses. Thank you, Reuben
Here is the link to the internet posting I was referring to: Greasing Chevy sealed wheel bearings - Class B Forums

1 - 2 of 2 Posts