Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, 55,000 miles on it. When braking at around 55 i feel the brakes pulsating....making a clunking noise on the driver side...i checked the brake pads and they seemed fine...possible rotor issue???

Please HELP!!!!!

Thank you and GOD BLESS!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe your caliper is loose.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Retork caliper bolts at 17ft/lbs. Loose caliper will also be noisy in bumps. Or maybe your rotor is warped.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I agree with the rotor being warped... very common for the stock rotors on the cobalts.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you have mag wheels get good pads like. Adaptive One to minimize brake dust cling. Also to avoid warpage make sure you use a torque ratchet to tighten lug nuts. 100ft/lbs with alloy wheels or 110 for steel.

·
Registered
425 Posts
the warped discs is more than likely what is wrong with your balt, Ive got 52K on my cobalt and my discs are slightly warped, only because Ive stopped from 110 to 0 in a shortish distance

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I hear all sorts of storys about the rotor warping on our cars, but I have just under 65000 miles on my car and still have the original rotors, and they are still straight as an arrow. However they are not to far from being worn out and having to be replaced. Maybe I just got lucky with mine.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Robbieholtz,

Sounds like you’re already moving towards a solution with this concern you’re having with the brakes (what with the rotor replacement you mentioned), which is great!

If this does not resolve the concern, I’d recommend keeping your servicing dealership in mind for a further diagnosis.

All the best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Blu3 v1p3r –
Glad things are going well for you so far! Good to hear! If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Assistance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.