Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When turning arm is applied, sometimes the turn signal does not activate. Took same to dealer and he replaced the turn signal switch. Short time later problem started again. When the arm is on to turn left as example, sometimes there is no "click" and the green light indciator on dash stays on. To get the signal to work, I have to apply the turn signal 2-3 times before it kicks in. Also, lately, when turn signal does engage, it stops without arm being in off position then starts up again a few seconds later. Dealer today told me they checked everything and cannot get the same result ( that figures). Any ideas/history that I can ask the dealer to check. Any members experienced this problem. With my luck I will have a cop behind me getting stoipped for no turn signal used?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Tell them to check the blinker fluid.

But seriously that sounds like a wiring problem, Coby7 would know more about that than I.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Since it is obvious that it isn't the switch.
You might have a bit of corrosion on pin 66 of "C2" of your BCM. My suggestion is Disconnect your battery. Then take fuse cover off of passenger side of console. ( Pull from bottom) Then remove C2 (might have to cut a tie rap) by pulling gray lever and put it back into place several times like 3 or 4 times to clean contacts, then put everything back to normal and go try it out. Red arrow in second picture points at gray lever of C2.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Forgot to mention you need to lift clip at fat yellow arrow to unlock gray lever, so you can pull it down.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Keith Harrison, if you are not comfortable doing this yourself, you can print out the write-up and these pictures and bring them to the dealer to explain.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

for the vote of confidence buddy.

....lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Cory for the info. I have scanned your email to the dealer to check and should see by noon today wether it works. Very much appreciate your quick and thorough answer. I will keep my fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Who's Cory?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.