Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what are the necessary wiring steps to add cruise control to a base LS. I have a SS wheel coming soon. I already checked and there isn't a wire in pin 61. So my question is, what does this pin need to be wired to? Also I believe I need the pin connectors. I believe there is a Cobalt in a salvage yard near me. They won't personally let me go out in the yard, so any tips on describing how to find the connectors in the car? Also to possibly save me the trouble, does anyone know of another source for the connectors?

Thanks for your time.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just go to GM dealer and buy the two pins necessary and fish the wire through to the clock spring, or do like I did and install aftermarket cruise. Either way you will need to go to dealer to get it activated unless you have your own Tech 2. Make sure wire jacket fits in the hole of the connectors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black, in the link you have, you have two pictures of harnesses. What are the differences? Hopefully I'll be able to go into my Chevrolet dealer and get those pins.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Black, in the link you have, you have two pictures of harnesses. What are the differences? Hopefully I'll be able to go into my Chevrolet dealer and get those pins.
They are what plugs into to the back of the radio for the audio controls. On the how to at Cobaltss . net. They mentioned that they were a round pin type.

I was just showing that they can be a square variety and that you should check to see what you have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, went to my local Chevy dealership and they didn't have any. I'm gonna have my brother check other dealerships close to his work. Anybody out there have some to spare perhaps?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are what plugs into to the back of the radio for the audio controls. On the how to at Cobaltss . net. They mentioned that they were a round pin type.

I was just showing that they can be a square variety and that you should check to see what you have.
I was able to find the square connectors for the SIR and the round for the BCM. You said you found radio connectors right? I have the radio out and the pins look like a different shape. I can't get them out. Maybe it's just the light but for the radio, is it the same square connectors or different ones?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Both radio connectors use this pin: Terminal/Tray: 12146448/19

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mission accomplished folks. Steering wheel is installed with cruise and radio controls working. Thanks to Coby for the pins for the radio. They weren't quite right, but I managed to get them to fit. The funny thing is it's a wheel from a G5 so the lights are red!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
so to add the steering wheel controls for just the audio to work you needed to add pins to the sir coil?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sorry, about that here's the right number 12146448/19 for 2008

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Thought 2008 had same radio as 2007. My bad.

·
Registered
153 Posts
MY trial

i bought the harness described in several different forums on several different sites....and it does not work on a 2010 ls lol...i dont remeber the part number otherwise id post it.....i have read there is a process to programing the keys,....so if it doesnt just work you might have to program them....there older models you have re wire as i understand.....not sure there away around that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.