Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a suspension upgrade, and I also want my car to be lowered a little bit, it sits higher then I like.

I've tried CED and rock auto but I can't make heads or tails of what I should be looking into. It's not making a whole lot of sense. Sorry if its a repeat question. Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me too!

I'm in a similar boat, but I have a 2009. Everything I've read on here so far, people recommend switching the shocks and springs over to the FE5 products that came on the SS/TC....However, those springs are no longer available, which sucks because they were only about $50. Not wanting to spend a ton of money on highend sports springs, I'm wondering if MOOG or NAPA springs offer any improvement over the stock FE1 springs. I'm stuck trying to decide between getting Gabriel Ready Struts and Gabriel shocks for the rear keeping the stock spring in the back, or going with FE5 shocks/struts with a NAPA or MOOG spring. The more I read the more indecisive I get.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Ssc springs were always a loved spring that looked great and didn't dump your car to the ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rears for the SS/SC are still available. The fronts, however, are discontinued :(
Maybe I should go salvage picking...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.