Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so well some of yah's know bout my blinker probs and my dealership i got the car from is a gm/pontiac/buick/subie dealer. So up there letting them fix it, as it freakin 14 degrees outside, im walking around enjoying the site of all the new g5 gt's and base g5's, even saw a new g6 GTP with the chrome grill and "hammerhead" wing. They look really sharp.

But what im making this is about the new 2008 wrx's. Walking around the lots i end up near the subie side and im just like Damn, these new cars look amazing. And at a 25000 sticker price, and a sale with 5000 off, plus the after talking with the saleman, he said he could prob scrape a lil more off.

So after talking about nonsense with the saleman he asks if i wanted to test drive it. I was like " HELL YEA". lol. Get in, not having driven a manual in a while, just put it in nuetal and get the feel. And man the inside is nice and roomy. Comes with optional leather, and just a mess of options i dont even needa get into. But the auto climate control was my new bestfriend after how cold it was outside. So pulling outta the lot i can feel the difference in AWD right away. Just felt over all in more control on the car. starting to head up the street and getting the feel for the clutch and brake, i begein to give it some gas.

This is when it gets really fun. I drop it in second at about 30 and push the gas at half. I was in awe at the amount of power that car put out that fast. I was up to 60 in a matter of no time and in 4th gear before i knew wtf i was doing lol. Going down the highway was nice and smooth, didnt wanna freak out the saleman so kept it at a responible speed. Coming back to the lot caught a red light and well i wanted to try launching the awd. rev it to bout 4000 rpms and go and Wow, power got to the wheels fast as hell and man over all i just loved that car.

Came back to the dealer my car was done and i was sad to leave that wrx behind. But at 20000ish bucks, hell i woulda bought it if i saw it on the lot when i got my g5. But then they only had the older style impreza's.

Any wrx owners out there, i have new respect for them cars.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No doubt they are quick cars. Don't forget to get the full effect of owning one -- check on the insurance premiums...lol!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i couldnt think bout some of them. Speaking of it. People out there with ss/sc's, think you could hook me up with age and how much you pay insurance with your company? Kinda wondering, but of course i know insurance varies greatly where you live, just trying to get an idea on the different.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the 350Z over a cobalt ss/sc and I am happy. But the cobalt I think had a lot more potetial. My car at the dyno says 310HP but I also bought a ZX 14 bike. Speed is never enoguh you know. I now run in the 8`s with my bike. I know this is crazy but if you want to go fast cheap (on the track that is) go for a bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
520$/6 mth Fully insured 500$ Deductible... LT '07...

21 yr old.

My friend in NYC pays 1200$ every 6 months on an older honda...damn tristate area!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
YEa... Tristae Arear Rapes us.....Bu i dont like the look of the new subies...although they may have the boxer motor and the AWD advatage... I am more about the looks

·
Registered
869 Posts
There was about an '04 WRX that flew past me on my way home the other day. He paced next to me for about three seconds and then floored it. All i could say was, good job man, you spent WAY more than i did when you bought your car. Congratulations on beating a naturally aspirated grocery getter.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There was about an '04 WRX that flew past me on my way home the other day. He paced next to me for about three seconds and then floored it. All i could say was, good job man, you spent WAY more than i did when you bought your car. Congratulations on beating a naturally aspirated grocery getter.
LOL, typical WRX driver, thinks he's driving the hottest shit on 4 wheels. I don't street race but the ricers are always on their best behavior when they're next to us in the GTO, lol, they're afraid to look over at us or take off too fast.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ok this thread is about the STI not insurance payments lets get on topic here

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sorry for those who i deleted about the SS/SC estimate of insurance i saw that some others were including cars that were unnessesary

·
Registered
869 Posts
Good job trying to cover your ass lol.

By the way you may want to use your amazing powers of moderation to remove your comment proving you had no idea what you were talking about lol.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ok this thread is about the STI not insurance payments lets get on topic here
Yes but as obviously indicated by the statement above, my point is still valid. Considering the thread had actually become about insurance payments.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Shit Happens , Life Will Go On , Get Over It, I promise its gonna be ok

·
Registered
869 Posts
Id just figure anyone who had to moderate the site would know how to read. My bad, i wont make the mistake again. So sorry.

·
Registered
99 Posts
just sold my 03 wrx wagon. I love subby's but they are ewxpensive to mod and keep runing. I have had 4 subby's a 2001 2.5 rs 2002 wrx 2003 wrx sport wagon and a 05 sti with $75,000 in it with @564 whp. I f you have any question fill free to hit me up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
ehh, i dont really like the look of the new WRX

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.