Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Have a 2008 XFE (tag on the back) and have had it since buying it new. ~55k miles on it and about paid off. I haven't changed a thing on it since it's been my daily driver since birth.

Anyways, it's had some wear and tear done to it as far as the inner from a pup I had. Steering wheel, gear shift, and e-brake handles to be specific.

Anyways, I'm having a bit of trouble finding out the engine size and specs, as well as any mods for it. So, my question is how to find the base model it's based off of. So that way I can figure out what fits and what doesn't. The cloth grey seats are in need of re-upholstery and some other things.

Any information y'all have would be awesome!!

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Ls is a straight up base model. No power windows, sunroof, nothing. (It's what I have, but I have an l61) LT is the upgraded version with all that stuff. Xfe is a more fuel efficient, or so they say, model with the lap motor. As far as I know, that's about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bud! Going to have to see what I can and can't do to the engine without a straight swap to something else like a 2.4 or something.

No, it has nothing power, and not even cruise. Cruise is one thing I'd like to get fixed.. Appreciate the info, and if you have anything else to share, please do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.