Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only has 23,000 miles. Engine light was on for a little while, had a friend scan it and it came up with P0411. Something about inncorect flow to the secondary air injection system. Didnt think it was anything major. He resset the engine light and i was gonna call about it the next day. on my way home i stoped somewhere, when i got back into my car to start it my key turns all the way and nothing happens at all. No lights on the dash, no noise, nothing.

Thought maybe it was my battery so had someone jump me, but still nothing. no lights or anything when i try to start.

Please help.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check your boost post and make sure terminals are clean and connection is tight.

Remove the big 50 amp BCM fuse in the trunk, flip it 180° and re-insert in fuse holder. Sometimes a buildup of oxidization and/or corrosion makes for a bad contact. Without that fuse contact engine won't crank.

Lastly check your battery terminals and make sure these are clean and tight.

If these don't clear the problem then you might want to replace the run/crank fuse even if it is good, again here you might have oxidization on fuse tabs.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
battery is in the trunk by the way, just in case you didn't know.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Only has 23,000 miles. Engine light was on for a little while, had a friend scan it and it came up with P0411. Something about inncorect flow to the secondary air injection system. Didnt think it was anything major. He resset the engine light and i was gonna call about it the next day. on my way home i stoped somewhere, when i got back into my car to start it my key turns all the way and nothing happens at all. No lights on the dash, no noise, nothing.

Thought maybe it was my battery so had someone jump me, but still nothing. no lights or anything when i try to start.

Please help.
Thanks.
Did you have any luck looking into this over the weekend, Gamura? If I can look into anything (recall/warranty information, working with a dealership), please let me know! I would need to get started with the last 8 digits of your VIN and contact information.

Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
563 Posts
if you havent recharged the battery inbetween, its a bad alternator. unless the batt still holds a good charge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.