Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 Chevy cobalt. It is red...of some flavor. It has a couple of dings I want to touch up but the paint code style I’m used too is missing. Parts ID sticker has bc/cc. A large gap. And then 14c. Any idea what color this is?

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Pretty sure 14c is the code for gray cloth seats. Pretty sure you are either looking for 74u(victory red) or 29u(sport red tintcoat)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure 14c is the code for gray cloth seats. Pretty sure you are either looking for 74u(victory red) or 29u(sport red tintcoat)
p

Is there any reason the paint code would not be on the parts id sticker? Like. It’s not rubbed off. It’s just blatantly not there. I tried a victory red and “cobalt red” but both were off

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Does it say anything else by the bc/cc? I think the code might actually be in the lisr of the 3 digit codes. A picture would be really helpful though

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yup, 74u on the bottom row is the rpo for victory red. And judging by the little bit of paint in the trunk I can see next to the sticker it sure looks like victory red

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Also if you already tried victory red how off was it? It's possible that either your paint is that faded or at least in my experience with victory red it takes like 4 or 5 coats to actually match, that color doesn't typically cover that easily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.