Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I dont know ANYTHING about cars but i want to make my 2009 chevy cobalt 155 hp 2.2 liter little more faster and make it sound nicer.

What is the cheapest performance upgrades I can do to achieve these without spending too much or making annoying loud noises?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cold air intake. Headers. And exhaust. Check out ebay but check feedbacks. Don't get anything that's less the 99% pasitive. B shure to read everything so u no what ur getting

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome... pretty much what the other guys said is all you need to know

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Full boltons sure put off a great sound, as well as give you some performance! check out the "vehicle showoff" section anl look for my thread. you can check out my mod list and it will give you an idea of what the basic boltons are.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hi, I dont know ANYTHING about cars but i want to make my 2009 chevy cobalt 155 hp 2.2 liter little more faster and make it sound nicer.

What is the cheapest performance upgrades I can do to achieve these without spending too much or making annoying loud noises?
Record a nice sounding car. And burn it to a CD and play it in your car really loud HAHAHA J/P

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So basically it sounds like you're all recommending tsudo exhaust. take out air filter? is that the thing on the side of engine that covers for water resistance, the plastic thingy?

I need the engine to sound nice tho, what cold air intake should i look for for 09 cobalt?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i cant find any tsudo exhaust for 09 cobalt. some ppl tell me not to buy car parts from ebay. i live in toronto area in canada.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Do not get the K&N Typhoon! It will not fit the '09s.
Tsudo exhaust and a downpipe. Take out the air silencer.
really? everyone says it fits. why wont it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
the heat shield will not fit. It rubs against the frame behind the headlight and on the engine. Not sure what they did on the new LAP 2.2 motor. I have been talking to a guy at K&N and even sent him pictures. We replaced some parts and it still wont fit. Everyone with an '09 has had problems.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Here's a suggestion. Spend about five minutes searching the site for what every other 2.2L owner is doing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.