Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Brand new to this forum. Thanks for existing. Has anyone ever removed the rubber guards on the bottom of the door frames that protect from scuffs from shoes entering/exiting? To they just pop out with a trim tool?
Thanks, Lonn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NEVER MIND FOLKS, I figured it out. Thanks anyway. Good luck to you all.

Hi. Brand new to this forum. Thanks for existing. Has anyone ever removed the rubber guards on the bottom of the door frames that protect from scuffs from shoes entering/exiting? To they just pop out with a trim tool?
Thanks, Lonn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Lonn don't leave your readers hanging how did you succeed. It might seem strange, but I was wondering that same thing on my 05 I am a retired combination autobody repairman I never removed one myself.
FYI: To remove the door sill scuff guards: They're held in place by a full circumference of 2-sided tape. On the3 4-door model, the front ones also have 4 panel fasteners. The rear have 2 panel fasteners. Simply pry up the outer edges and then use a panel-fastener removal tool to pop out the fasteners. To replace. trace a line around the outside circumference, put down the double-sticky tape, place the fastners in the scuff guards and press into place. If you have to buy replacement fasteners, be careful not to buy ones that are even a little fatter than the originals; it'll be near impossible to push them into the metal rocker panels.

Thanks for reminding me to post my fix.
Lonn S.

·
Registered
32 Posts
FYI: To remove the door sill scuff guards: They're held in place by a full circumference of 2-sided tape. On the3 4-door model, the front ones also have 4 panel fasteners. The rear have 2 panel fasteners. Simply pry up the outer edges and then use a panel-fastener removal tool to pop out the fasteners. To replace. trace a line around the outside circumference, put down the double-sticky tape, place the fastners in the scuff guards and press into place. If you have to buy replacement fasteners, be careful not to buy ones that are even a little fatter than the originals; it'll be near impossible to push them into the metal rocker panels.

Thanks for reminding me to post my fix.
Lonn S.
And thank you for posting your fix, I was thinking of refinishing the rocker panels i'm beginning to see blistering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts