Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter was recently driving the 2009 Chevy Cobalt and experienced an array of problems all at one time. The power steering went out, the AC quit working (fan still blows, but not cold air), and the "service airbag" notification came on. All happened as she approached a state highway from traveling on a dirt road.

She has an infant, and really doesn't have the money to take this to a dealership (nor does it have a warranty). Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check engine light? Have her take it to Autozone, O'Reilly, etc. to see if there are any codes. Good place to be able to trouble shoot.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No check engine light. We may try to drive it there tomorrow... if her dad is feeling like fighting the steering that far. Nearest auto store is about 30 miles away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No check engine light. We may try to drive it there tomorrow... if her dad is feeling like fighting the steering that far. Nearest auto store is about 30 miles away.
Check fuses and/or relay related to the power steering. Hope you have the owner's manual to show what and where to find them.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah she probably blew a fuse in the underhood fuse block. Probably one of the BCM fuses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.