Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2009 Cobalt. The car cranks but won't start. No fuel pressure. The fuel pump does not engage when KOEO. The fuel relay works and the fuel fuse is fine. The fuel pump will operate when power is wired directly to the pump itself and the wiring harness connected to to the pump also transfers power correctly. Is this a bad ECM?

Everything else in the car operates as it should and the only code it throws out is P0138 (O2 Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank1, Sensor2))

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where is the fuel fuse? I removed the fuel pump relay and the car stopped running. Now it won't run at all. I thought the fuel pump relay was the headlight relay based on some post that said you could put the headlight relay/fuse in the AC Clutch Relay/fuse slot to see if the AC Clutch fuse was working.

I put a multimeter on the relay and found it worked on 2 of the 4 prongs. Saw on a post that 2 of the prongs are for power and then once powered the other 2 close the circuit basically, so I imagine should only see the reading on the 2 prongs.

Anyway. My AC was/is only working on high, replaced the resistor did not solve problem. Another post said to refill ac Freon because low pressure in system on a cobalt means it won't run correctly.

Long story short, my ac only works on high and pulling the fuel pump relay under the hood made my entire car now not work. ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO NOW? Which is the fuel fuse, right next to the relay?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Fuel pump fuse is underhood 15 amp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.