Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
So I picked up a 09 SS with 90k on it today and it's not running. I'm just trying to do a little self diagnosis before I break down and take it in to a shop. I charged up the battery and started giving it some cranks.

First off, is it normal that the thing keeps cranking after you let off the key and the clutch is still pushed in?

After a few short attempts and cranking I decided to crank the hell out of it for about 15-20 seconds. It was cranking kind of slow, then it started to speed up and eventually it fired for about a second then died. I repeated that a few times, it fires but won't keep running.

Perhaps a dead fuel pump? How do i check the fuel pressure on this thing?

It's not giving me any codes, but it did have a dead battery for months, they may not have populated yet since I just charged it.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Could be the fuel pump. It'd be worth it to check the fuel pump fuses as well. @Coby7 probably has the diagram of where to find it/them (I think there's 2).

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Turn the key to ''ON'' in a quiet environment and listen for the fuel pump humm. If you don't hear it check the fuel pump fuse under the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.