Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a Stock LS 5spd Cpe 68k original an adding everything below an more, any suggestions? I've got complete 2.0 LNF 56k with tuned computer, with MU3 G85 5-speed tranny. Front drive shafts & suspension 5 lug swap with full Bembro brake package & complete SS rear end. Complete SS body kit, Spoiler, GM performance interior an stock 18' rims. Am I forgetting anything. Be adding some pictures soon. Corona virus Cabin Fever Complete salvage yard budget build.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Pretty sure you need basically the entire body harness to do the swap. Fuel system is different too so you will need the pump for sure and possibly the lines and tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the complete wiring harness looks like the fuel tank is the same but I may need to replace the fuel pump sending unit. Already updated the fuel lines to high pressure race lines since these cars are known for having horrible fuel leaks behind the plastic hangers.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I know there was one swap a while back, probably on the other forum. To my knowledge it's the only swap that's been done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, yeah I believe I'm registered on two other forums so it has to be one of those. I'll try and document as many pictures and alternate parts that are needed and compatible so if anybody else wants to give it a try still have somewhat of a reference guide to follow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But it is somewhat of a big job and if you're not very mechanically inclined and don't have the proper tools or motivation I wouldn't suggest it and I would just buy an '08 to '2010 SS/TC. lol. If my car was n't an '08 with 58,000 original miles & a clean title I probably wouldn't be attempting it either.lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts