Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back my turn signal started acting up. It gets to where I have to over extend or push really hard on the lever and hold it there for either of my blinkers to work. The arm goes down when I activate it and stays until I complete my turn like it should, and both blinkers seem to be working fine. No issues with the blinker speed, clicking, or any of my other lights for that matter. But for the turn signal to actually come on and for the clicker to start making noise I have to do this for every turn I make. I'm worried that if this keeps up I'm going to wind up snapping the arm on it and I'll have to replace the whole thing to be able to drive. I've taken it to a handful of places and they can't seem to be able to replicate the issue to diagnose it. Would this be a fuse problem? A short in the circuiting somewhere? Or what else?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I actually did this exact replacement last weekend. Just a $30 part, and a half hour of work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004940ZSK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Be sure you have a 7mm socket! I had a 6.5mm & a 7.5mm and had to make a run to Lowe's :laugh:

It also helps to know that using a flat head screwdriver or trim puller will help separate the two bottom pieces. I had a difficult time until I tried used a screwdriver to pry them apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.