Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as of yesterday morning my 2009 LS Sedan was stolen at gun point in the parking lot of a friends worthle project apartments. Im at the point that i doubt that they will find it. I have full coverage inurance. Any idea what im going to get out of this?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
They'll steal anything now a days. No respect for the trade. 2009 LS Sedan you'll be lucky to get 7G.

We leave the keys in the ignition.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, people are scumbags

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
insurance company said they dont use kbb to determine value, instead they use a method where they give you more.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
And you believe an insurance companies word???

·
Registered
302 Posts
insurance company said they dont use kbb to determine value, instead they use a method where they give you more.
100% correct. makes no sense. my buddy had a 2001 Ford f150 ext cab 8ft 2wd with 150. he got $5500 back. and the headgasket was going/burning oil!!! His mother crashed it while he was in maritime training! He was going to get $1200 for it in trade for a new truck.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Sorry to hear bro, u ok after that? Hope you get a huge settlement.

·
Registered
87 Posts
they use current market value of similar vehicle in your area, much like buying a house. it can be good, adn it can be bad. in your case it might be good, small efficent 4 cyls are getting good money.

my grandfathers 96 F250 Powerstroke just went up in flames and they only gave him 6K. Book was somewhere around 10. problem is there isnt many for sale, and those that are, are covered in rust up here. his wasnt

·
Registered
60 Posts
It really depends on who you have. Had a 2002 GTI that had a few grand into it that was kbb at 3500. When the tow truck driver dropped it off the truck into my driveway (he forgot the parking brake) Usaa used true value of the car, and I got 5 grand back after they called it totalled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I hope you get something worthwhile from your insurance. Hang in there!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: As of right now the insurance company is paying out 9,500 for the car and it WILL be higher than that before the claim is settle because they calculated this value based on average miles driven per year in general and the market value. Although i was generally surprised and pleased they are offering this since some have believed this car has a poor trade in value, no sense in getting the most of what i deserve out of this. since the car is about 3 and a half years old purchased brand new in 2009, they calculated my mileage to be at 46,000mi based on "average" milleage people drive. Well too bad for them, my car was below average sitting at about 36,000 miles. Thats a whole 10,000 miles less than their estimate. The adjuster gets on the phone with some tone saying, "well ive kinda calculated what it would be even at that milleage and it doesnt seem to make that much of a difference"....WRONG! i wasn't born yesterday and 10,000 miles makes a BIG difference in the sale of a used car, infact based on their "average" thats like a year less of driving on it. Besides if it wasnt that much of a difference, why not honor my notorized odometer reading document that stated 36,000 miles in the first place??? Why, because they know im gonna get a pretty penny for it thats why!! So yeah i was happy to quickly fax over my latest service record document from my local dealer stating the mileage on it. Too bad for them im no ignorant teenager or kid who gets a car and drives it into the ground. Guess they didnt expect me to have consistant service records on a car making it in like new condition! Even the last dealer certified maintanence record had everything from tires, brakes, etc listed in green. So this should make it break 10,000 from the insurance for a 2009 red LS Sedan, at least in ohio.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Glad you're okay, Snappa! Hoping that things work out as smoothly and as quickly as possible.

Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, never found it. Police in this city are terrible. Funny when I reported what happened the officer who did the report wanted to sass me like I was lying about it saying. "Well if you were robbed where are the marks act on your face ?" I said they were using guns you asshole. If they'd attacked me I wouldn't even have a face smh. Anyway just this week my friend who lives in the apartment complex where it occurred said they had the area surrounded after someone ran up to a car and started shooting. Now who's lying? It takes for an actual death or the trigger to be pulled for these filthy pigs to believe you. Ironically police pulled me over in my car that night I was on my to there to drop him off, yet can't manage to pull these people over? The car is probably trashed by now but it doesn't make the situation any better knowing that garbage like that can walk away with a free car and nothing happens to them. Well I'm a few cities away from me 6 teens were killed in a car wreck where the car was stolen. Good. Hopefully that'll happen to the ones who stole my shit. I have no sympathy for people like that.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Anything you just put into it can normally be helpful if you have receipts because they tend to give that back to you if they write it off or have to make a settlement

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.